Wednesday, June 13, 2012

To Tell the Truth: Bragging About My Husband

First of all, I never reported my Weigh Day Results.  This week I finished my first round of Brazil Butt Lift.  And I have to say that I am totally impressed with my results.  I have lost the most weight on this program, an interesting fact since I felt that it was the least cardio-based program out of all of them!  This week I lost another 2 lbs.  Bringing my total 30 day Brazil Butt Lift results to 10 POUNDS.
Wow!
Enough about me.  Because today I want to gush about my husband, Jason.
A little background about Jason first.  He is an athletic guy, always being active.  As an Army officer, he does his best to stay it tip-top shape.  He is on the small side, though, at 5'6" and 140 lbs on a good day.  I can honestly say that sometimes being his wife isn't easy when it comes to my weight struggle.  Standing next to him doesn't do my self-esteem good.  Husbands are supposed to weigh MORE than their wives.  Right?  Well, I haven't weighed less than Jason since 2004.  I will soon, though.  Only two more pounds to go!
When it comes to metabolism, Jason's works TOO well.  He is one of those people that can eat whatever he wants and get away with it.  Luckily he doesn't do that.  He is very health conscious and is better than I am about what foods we should and shouldn't be eating.
He keeps me in line!
There have been times in our marriage when Jason has done his darndest to GAIN weight.  We're talking protein shakes, protein bars, entire roasted chickens...THE WORKS. 
Alas, it is not to be. 
In any case, Jason is a very active, healthy guy.  Already he was scoring upwards of 290 (out of 300) on his Peronal Training Tests with the Army.  He's quick and he knows just how to push his body to the limit.
But he wanted to do better.  Jason was on a quest to get a PERFECT SCORE on his PT test.  During the 3 1/2 years of PT tests taken, he's scored that elusive 300 only once. 
And thrown up and nearly fainted in the process.
The trouble with training for the test is that Jason HATES to run.  And I mean hates it!  He'd rather do almost anything.  The push-up and sit-up portions of the test he always did pretty well on.  It was the running part that always got the best of him.
Until Insanity, that is.
Wanting to really put the Insanity program to the test to see if it could improve Jason's strength and endurance like he thought it could, Jason didn't run or do any sit-ups AT ALL while completing the 60 day program.  After finishing the program two weeks ago, Jason was eager to take his first PT Test.  Here are his results:
"What I am really excited about is that this morning I took my first PT test since arriving here and I scored a 300. What does that mean, well that means I got a 100% on my run and I haven't been running. I have been focusing solely on Insanity wanting to see if it could do what I thought it would. Another awesome fact about Insanity, if u know anything about it u know you don't do a single sit-up through the whole workout. Crazy thing is that I did 94 reps on my sit-ups, which is 12 more than I have ever done. So, what improvements did I see? Well I am embarrassed to say but during [job training] I let myself go and just after graduation I ran the 2-mile in 14:48, did 71 sit-ups, and 86 push-ups. Today, my run time was 13:11, 94 sit-ups, and 97 push-ups. ALL FROM INSANITY!!!!!"
Wow, what an incredible testimony that Insanity REALLY WORKS!!  Above are his before and after pictures.  I can tell a slight difference by looking at him, but the main improvement were in Jason's test results listed above.  So to tell you the truth, I am incredibly proud of my husband and all his hard work completing the program.  Way to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely see the difference! No more string bean! His torso has shape now and his arms and shoulders are great! Chest and abs now have definition too (beyond the ribs in the before picture!). Even his face looks different! Great work Jason!

    ReplyDelete