Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Food for Thought: Hidden Sugar

I've been thinking a lot about sugar lately.  It seems like EVERYTHING has sugar in it!  Once you start reading food labels, you'll notice that almost everything you eat has sugar, evaporated cane juice, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose, etc.  Sugar is called many different things by the food industry but in the end it's all just SUGAR!!!
And obviously all this sugar does our bodies BAD.  I have been trying really hard to pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth.  And as I read those food labels, it sometimes surprises me the things that contain added sugar.  Crackers, sauces, protein bars, granola...some things that you'd never guess!  And sometimes it is one of the first three ingredients. 
So do what I do: pay attention.  Try to eliminate added sugar from your diet and find a brand that is better.  You can find a healthier brand if you look! 
To get an idea of some foods with added sugar that may surprise you, read this great article!

No comments:

Post a Comment